Since our inception in 1996, YMEN has provided entrepreneurial education to its students. Each student is expected to complete a 20-week course that prepares them for starting their own business. YMEN has made an important step forward by starting a commercial-grade, student-run embroidery business to provide a real world laboratory for students to learn manufacturing skills, sales techniques, customer service, quality management, and accurate finanicial record keeping. The students named this business Stitch-N-Style.
Through Stitch-N-Style we generate earned income while making a life-long investment in the lives of our students.
For more information, contact DJ Narvaez at email@example.com.
- YMEN Africa Trip, Spring 2013
- “This is the greatest trip of my life…..” Four YMEN High School senior leaders spent 13 days this Spring traveling to Uganda to work with Partners in Mission. During this trip, we had the opportunity to spend time at the Kamwenge Secondary and Vocational School (KSVS) where YMEN has roofed buildings, sponsored students, and brought [...] Read More
- Building lifelong networks of support
- Sammie has been in the YMEN program for 4 years. He is one of the program’s most dedicated participants. YMEN has offered Sammie many opportunities through business and education programs. Sammie has been on about 90% of the YMEN trips and his favorite was South Dakota. The trips have been beneficial for Sammie because he [...] Read More
- The Gimp
- Our students have had a chance to learn about image manipulation. Seeing as how we are always in the mood to save money, we use the GNU Image Manipulation Program — otherwise known as the Gimp. For those who aren’t completely up on the Gimp, it’s a free version of Adobe Photoshop-like software. Not Photoshop, [...] Read More