YMEN’s comprehensive programs offer a wide range of educational support, mentoring from positive role models, spiritual and emotional guidance, vocational classes in the arts, career-based and entrepreneurial education, sports and recreational activities, family supportive services, and service learning to more than 250 students annually.
YMEN’s 30 programs seek to build layers of support that ensures students will:
- Have excellent attendance in school and in after-school programs
- Graduate from high school and college
- Participate in levels of leadership within the community
- Have the ability to make a positive contribution in a diverse world
- View themselves and others as valuable to God and society
Central to our programs is our mission:
To prepare young men and women in North Lawndale for leadership by helping them grow in their faith and character, develop a love for learning, and use their talents to serve the community and strengthen our families.
Young Men’s educational Network launched DELTA, a leadership initiative for the young women of YMEN.
DELTA is a place where each and every young woman gets an opportunity to break cycles and grow in an environment where they are pushed to their individual degree of excellence. DELTA focus on enriching relationships with other women, growing in faith and growing in character.
Click on their logo to learn more about DELTA:
YMEN and DELTA have a vision that the youth of North Lawndale will be the emerging leaders to bring revitalization and positive solutions to the community and its residents. We believe that every student has the ability to use their gifts and talents to make a positive contribution to the broader community. It is our organization’s challenge to provide an
environment where each young person can grow in their personal development and utilize their strengths in a leadership capacity. In order to accomplish this vision, YMEN and DELTA will:
- Foster relationships built on respect
- Provide opportunities for continued personal growth
- Achieve excellence in both programs and participation
- Work for reconciliation between races, gender, and class
- Value every person’s contribution
- Seek continual improvements through innovation