We are always looking for committed people to help with the development of our young men and this community. We often require assistance with service projects, building projects, field trips, summer camps, teaching (business classes, arts classes, language classes, and vocational skills), and research.
Do not hesitate to move in the way that God moves you. If that is to render your time, talent, or treasure to assist us, then please contact us. It takes a village, as they say.
To volunteer with the Young Men’s Educational Network, please contact
Michael Trout, Executive Director, at 773-852-9830.
Marcus Thorne, Director of Mentoring, at 312-361-0891
- YMEN Africa Trip, Spring 2013
- “This is the greatest trip of my life…..” Four YMEN High School senior leaders spent 13 days this Spring traveling to Uganda to work with Partners in Mission. During this trip, we had the opportunity to spend time at the Kamwenge Secondary and Vocational School (KSVS) where YMEN has roofed buildings, sponsored students, and brought [...] Read More
- Building lifelong networks of support
- Sammie has been in the YMEN program for 4 years. He is one of the program’s most dedicated participants. YMEN has offered Sammie many opportunities through business and education programs. Sammie has been on about 90% of the YMEN trips and his favorite was South Dakota. The trips have been beneficial for Sammie because he [...] Read More
- The Gimp
- Our students have had a chance to learn about image manipulation. Seeing as how we are always in the mood to save money, we use the GNU Image Manipulation Program — otherwise known as the Gimp. For those who aren’t completely up on the Gimp, it’s a free version of Adobe Photoshop-like software. Not Photoshop, [...] Read More