Past: Just this past week I attended the college graduations of our YMEN twins: Valonda and Victoria Roberts from Southern Illinois University and Denison University in Ohio. It was a powerful example of what hard work, determination, and a loving community can bring about. I am a proud papa!
Present: Trucks are currently preparing and pouring the cement for our new sports court on YMEN’s southern campus on Avers Avenue. This project will be a toll used for mentoring and community partnerships for many decades to come. Something good is definitely coming to the “hood.
Future: On Saturday, May 28 at 6PM at 1240 S Pulaski we will be celebrating over 60 students and their achievements with YMEN and EVE. It is a night of great food, inspiration and encouragement, and strong community support. Don’t believe the negative stories you hear every night on the news — the real truth is that God is raising up a new generation of leadership that care about education, their faith, and serving the community. Hope you can join us. Tickets are $25 and the food alone will blow your socks off!
- YMEN’s Silent Auction Raises $5,000 for PEARL
- On November 6, 2015, YMEN had its 20th Annual Auction and Celebration to raise money for college scholarships and our students here. This year the silent auction raised $5,000 for PEARL students. Funds from the auction will go towards our PEARLs, the females of YMEN, in the following ways College Scholarships Summer Trips College Internships […] Read More
- Guess who’s going to AFRICA!!!!!!
- On March 31, 2015 – YMEN will be making a trip to Uganda Africa to help support the work of Partners in Mission and the Kamwenge Secondary and Vocational School. YMEN is excited to go and report on the progress as well as participate in helping the underserved in one of the poorest and most […] Read More
- An Aria Group Tale…”A New Look for the YMEN Multi-Purpose Room”
- Share this: A New Look for the YMEN Multi-Purpose Room YMEN (Young Men’s Educational Network) was started in 1996 by Michael Trout as an educational and mentoring resource for boys and young men of the Lawndale neighborhood in Chicago. Some of the original kids who went through the program are now grown up and […] Read More