Past: Just this past week I attended the college graduations of our YMEN twins: Valonda and Victoria Roberts from Southern Illinois University and Denison University in Ohio. It was a powerful example of what hard work, determination, and a loving community can bring about. I am a proud papa!
Present: Trucks are currently preparing and pouring the cement for our new sports court on YMEN’s southern campus on Avers Avenue. This project will be a toll used for mentoring and community partnerships for many decades to come. Something good is definitely coming to the “hood.
Future: On Saturday, May 28 at 6PM at 1240 S Pulaski we will be celebrating over 60 students and their achievements with YMEN and EVE. It is a night of great food, inspiration and encouragement, and strong community support. Don’t believe the negative stories you hear every night on the news — the real truth is that God is raising up a new generation of leadership that care about education, their faith, and serving the community. Hope you can join us. Tickets are $25 and the food alone will blow your socks off!
- YMEN Raises over $100K at Charity Auction!
- On Friday, November 8th , the network of friends and investors came together to raise critical resources for YMENs programs and our college scholarship fund. We are thrilled to report that we exceeded our $80K goal by raising more than $100K to invest in the next generation of leaders in North Lawndale! The great news […] Read More
- YMEN Buys a CRACK HOUSE!
- On September 19, 2013 the Young Men’s Educational Network purchased a foreclosed property adjacent to their college and career campus. This two-story building was used throughout 2012 for the sales and distribution of drugs on the 2200 block of Springfield. YMEN intends to turn this former CRACK house into a college residential dormitory that will […] Read More
- NEW SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP IN LAWNDALE!
- On September 4, 2013 YMEN’s Executive Director, Michael Trout, and PEARL’s Director, Sharona Drake, met with the new principal at Dvorak Elementary School and a new partnership was born! YMEN will be working in partnership with the United Way of Metropolitan Chicago to increase attendance and graduation rates for students in North Lawndale. The CORE […] Read More