Past: Just this past week I attended the college graduations of our YMEN twins: Valonda and Victoria Roberts from Southern Illinois University and Denison University in Ohio. It was a powerful example of what hard work, determination, and a loving community can bring about. I am a proud papa!
Present: Trucks are currently preparing and pouring the cement for our new sports court on YMEN’s southern campus on Avers Avenue. This project will be a toll used for mentoring and community partnerships for many decades to come. Something good is definitely coming to the “hood.
Future: On Saturday, May 28 at 6PM at 1240 S Pulaski we will be celebrating over 60 students and their achievements with YMEN and EVE. It is a night of great food, inspiration and encouragement, and strong community support. Don’t believe the negative stories you hear every night on the news — the real truth is that God is raising up a new generation of leadership that care about education, their faith, and serving the community. Hope you can join us. Tickets are $25 and the food alone will blow your socks off!
- YMEN Raises over $130K at Charity Auction!
- On Friday, November 7th 2014, the network of friends and investors came together to raise critical resources for YMENs programs and our college scholarship fund. We are thrilled to report that we exceeded our $80K goal by raising more than $130K to invest in the next generation of leaders in North Lawndale! The great news […] Read More
- YMEN Buys a CRACK HOUSE!
- On September 19, 2013 the Young Men’s Educational Network purchased a foreclosed property adjacent to their college and career campus. This two-story building was used throughout 2012 for the sales and distribution of drugs on the 2200 block of Springfield. YMEN intends to turn this former CRACK house into a college residential dormitory that will […] Read More
- NEW SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP IN LAWNDALE!
- On September 4, 2013 YMEN’s Executive Director, Michael Trout, and PEARL’s Director, Sharona Drake, met with the new principal at Dvorak Elementary School and a new partnership was born! YMEN will be working in partnership with the United Way of Metropolitan Chicago to increase attendance and graduation rates for students in North Lawndale. The CORE […] Read More