Welcome to the Young Men’s Educational Network!
We are so glad to have you here. Take a look around, see what we’re all about, and invite your friends! We’re all family here so relax, sit back, and let us take you on a journey into the lives of a few hundred young men who are (and who are becoming) leaders. As the people said to us in Ghana, “Akwaaba!!
Find our program calendar and application here.
We recently made a trip to Uganda. Take a moment to view our video.
- Guess who’s going to AFRICA!!!!!!
- On March 31, 2015 – YMEN will be making a trip to Uganda Africa to help support the work of Partners in Mission and the Kamwenge Secondary and Vocational School. YMEN is excited to go and report on the progress as well as participate in helping the underserved in one of the poorest and most […] Read More
- An Aria Group Tale…”A New Look for the YMEN Multi-Purpose Room”
- Share this: A New Look for the YMEN Multi-Purpose Room YMEN (Young Men’s Educational Network) was started in 1996 by Michael Trout as an educational and mentoring resource for boys and young men of the Lawndale neighborhood in Chicago. Some of the original kids who went through the program are now grown up and […] Read More
- YMEN Raises over $130K at Charity Auction!
- On Friday, November 7th 2014, the network of friends and investors came together to raise critical resources for YMENs programs and our college scholarship fund. We are thrilled to report that we exceeded our $80K goal by raising more than $130K to invest in the next generation of leaders in North Lawndale! The great news […] Read More